Windermere steamer 'Swift' of 1900
Lake passenger ship "Swift" (203 tons gross, 781 passengers, built by Thomas B. Seath & Co., Rutherglen), owned by British Railways Board, arriving at Lakeside, Windermere, in June 1973. She was built for the Furness Railway Co. Ownership subsequently passed to the London Midland Scottish Railway (1923), British Transport Commission (on nationalisation in 1948)& B.R. (1963; branded "Sealink Windermere" in 1970). She was laid up at Lakeside in 1981 & was broken up in 1999. Her original coal-fired steam engines were replaced by diesels in 1957.
Picture added on 18 January 2014 at 07:19