The Second Snark approaching Dunoon
Photographed on 23 July 2008.
Built in 1938 by William Denny of Dumbarton on the Firth of Clyde, Scotland, as a tug and tender for use at their shipyard, replacing their previous steam driven vessel The Snark.
Although The Second Snark is a fairly small vessel, Clyde Marine Services Ltd show her Passenger Capacity as 120, restricted to 60-80 if full onboard catering is required. She still retains many original features including teak decks, varnished woodwork and polished brass. Two underdeck heated saloons, one with a bar, contribute to her continuing popularity as a cruise boat and charter vessel from April to September, particularly for "booze cruises".
Picture added on 27 July 2008