Motor tug Herkules in Gothenburg
Herkules was built in 1939 at the Öresund yard in Landskrona for C.L.Hanssons Stuveri AB of Göteborg, a subsidiary of the Stockholm Johnson line. Herkules therefore remains the only vessel today to carry the Rederi AB Nordstjernans company insignia on the funnel. She is also the oldest vessel now using a KaMeWa propeller, having been the third to have one fitted.
After delivery from the Öresund yard Herkules came to Göteborg, arriving on 23 August 1939. C. L. Hanssons Stuveri AB had now received Scandinavia's most powerful motor tug, of 750 hp.
She was photographed here on 3 June 2006.
Picture added on 16 February 2008